Our 0-16 CAMHS team work closely with professionals in the community to provide treatment and support to young people aged 0-16 that are experiencing mental health difficulties.
Tel: 01244 393200
How to access us
Young people living in and with a registered G.P. in Cheshire West and Chester between the ages of 0 to 16th Birthday with a range of difficulties can be referred to our service. We are a Specialist Mental Health Team and support young people directly with moderate to severe needs in terms of their Mental Health. The difficulties need to be of a severity that is impacting on the young person’s everyday functioning. These will include:
- Anxiety disorders such as General anxiety, Separation Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Obsessional Compulsive Disorder and Panic Disorder.
- Low mood and episodes of Depression. (For young people coping with bereavement families often consider https://hospiceofthegoodshepherd.com/)
- Self injury
- We are involved in the assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) of high school aged young people and referrals must come from School through the West Cheshire Behavioural Pathway. (For ASD support pre and post diagnosis families often consider www.cheshireautism.org.uk)
- We do support young people with Neurodevelopmental disorders including tourettes, ASD and ADHD where there is a clear co-morbid mental health difficulty.
- Eating disorders including anorexia and bulimia nervosa
- We can support other professionals including schools in their work with any young person regardless of severity where they have concerns regarding the young person’s Mental Health through Consultation.
- We also provide regular training for various professionals
Referrals may come in via email from a G.P., School, healthcare professionals or other professionals working within our Local Authority.